Jump on a paddle board and explore the coastline of Koh Samui at your own pace. You’ll paddle past empty beaches with countless coconut trees. And there’s hardly any traffic out on the water. It sure beats sitting on the ring road waiting for the lights to change to green.
Last week we started the Silent Beach SUP Tour in Bophut. We paddled for about 30 minutes before stopping for a swim at the beach near the W Retreat. The W Retreat has a lovely white sand bar sticking out into the sea, marking the start of Maenam. We turned around the corner and paddled another 30 minutes before stopping for lunch and a swim at The Treehouse on Silent Beach, which is at the eastern end of Maenam Beach.
It’s just a few steps up from the beach into the shady comfort of the restaurant, where we enjoyed drinking fresh coconuts whilst perusing the menu. There’s lots of Thai food on the menu, along with quite a few western options. I chose the Larb Gai (spicy chicken salad, Thai style), but next time I’m going to try one of their fresh western style salads.
After a delicious lunch, a swim and some refreshing drinks, it was time to leave the beautiful sands of Silent Beach and cruise back to Bophut on the paddle boards. Another perfect day exploring the island.
For more information about Stand Up Paddle (SUP) tours and lessons in Koh Samui, contact iSUP Samui on +66 92 737 9705. Ask us about transfers from your resort/villa -depending on your location, we might be able to pick you up and bring you to the beach for no extra cost.
- The Silent Beach SUP tour starts and finishes on the beach in front of The Wharf Shopping Centre, at Bophut Fishermans Village. Although if there’s a breeze, we will start in Bangrak and paddle one-way to Silent Beach. After lunch we take a song-thaew (pick up truck / local taxi) back to the starting place.
- All equipment is provided – we paddle on high quality Starboard Paddle Boards
- Tour length: around 3.5 hours
- Total paddling time: 2 hours (excludes breaks for swimming and lunch)
- Tour Cost: 1500 Baht (includes paddling equipment, lunch, soft drinks, drinking water).
- Suitable for experienced paddlers, and those who’ve had a few lessons. You should be a confident swimmer if you’re going to join this tour.