We start the North Coast Stand Up Paddle (SUP) tour early in the morning while it’s still cool and before the speed boats set off on their day trips. The plan is to paddle along the north coast of Koh Samui, exploring the waters around Bophut and Maenam. If the conditions are right and we get a good breeze, we can make it all the way to Baan Tai or Bang Po. NOTE: This tour is reversed in the summer months (May-October) due to the prevailing winds. So we start at Ban Tai and paddle towards Bophut or Bangrak.
There’s a stretch of coral reef along the coast just after Maenam (near the Napasai Belmond resort), and sometimes we stop to do a little snorkelling. There’s not much coral to see, but a few fish to take a peek at.
On our last north coast SUP tour we had a lovely 10 knot breeze coming across from the South East, which made it a great day to paddle all the way from Bangrak to Bang Po. We covered 12.5km in about 2.5 hours, and arrived on the quiet beach of Bang Po in time for an early lunch. Note, the tour includes a free fruit shake or fresh coconut. You should bring a little extra money if you’d like to stay for lunch after the paddle.
It’s a one-way paddle, so one of the SUP Instructors gets the fun task of traveling back to the starting point in a Song-Taew (local bus / pick up truck) to collect the car and bring it to the end point (so we can collect the paddle boards) and take everyone back home. Paddlers are welcome to join us on the song taew, or they may prefer to relax on the beach for an hour or so while we get the car.
Contact us to find out more about the Samui North Coast SUP Tour – call 092 737 9705 or email email@example.com
- The Samui North Coast SUP tour starts on the beach in front of The Wharf Shopping Centre, at Bophut Fishermans Village. Depending on the weather and the paddler’s experience we can also start in Bangrak. Depending on the wind, this tour may be reversed.
- Tour length: around 4 hours
- Total paddling time: 2-3 hours (excludes breaks for swimming and snorkelling)
- Tour Cost: 1500 Baht (includes paddling equipment, lunch, soft drinks, drinking water).
- Suitable for experienced paddlers, and those who’ve had a few lessons. You should be a confident swimmer if you’re going to join this tour.
- Bring a little extra money if you’d like to stay for lunch after the SUP tour (200-300 Baht will be plenty).
- Starboard paddle board equipment
- Qualified ASI SUP Instructor
- Snorkelling equipment
- Drinking water and a soft drink at the end of the tour
- Accident insurance