Come paddling with us on the Virgin Coast of Samui. There’s not much here except for long sandy beaches, clear water, sleepy fishing villages, a few private villas and a couple of resorts. Most tourists don’t even realise this peaceful side of Samui exists.
The Five Islands are known as Koh Si Koh Ha in Thai, which translates to Four Islands-Five Islands because one of the islands is hidden behind the other. The islands are about 5km offshore from Taling Ngam beach, in South West corner of Koh Samui. The islands are known for their famous nests which are the main ingredient in birds’ nest soup. The only inhabitants out here are the Sea Gypsies who live in small wooden homes perched on the rocky islands and protect the birds.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only run the Five Islands SUP tour when the winds are coming from the north-east, which is usually between October and June. Other times of the year will depend on the weather (we won’t go out if the seas are rough).
LONGTAIL SUP TOUR TO FIVE ISLANDS
We start the tour with a private Longtail boat out to the Five Islands. If the conditions are good we will paddle around the Five Islands and maybe you’ll see the local turtle. We can make a visit to the nearby islands of Koh Taen for snorkelling and Koh Matsum for paddle boarding and swimming. You might even see the local pigs on the beach of Koh Matsum. On the way back you can paddle along one of the most beautiful coastlines of Samui, often referred to as the ‘Virgin Coast’.
- 08:00 – Pick up from your hotel
- 09:00 – Longtail departs Taling Ngam beach
- 12:00 – Return to Taling Ngam beach
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Optional Lunch at Island View Restaurant (additional cost)
- 13:00 – 14:00 – Transfer back to your hotel
We can stop for lunch at the Island View Restaurant after the paddle tour, and suggest that you bring another 500 Baht per person for lunch and drinks after the tour (but it’s up to you how much you spend). Or we can take you straight back to your hotel.
There’s toilets and openair showers where we have lunch, so you can rinse off and change into dry clothes after the paddle tour.
PADDLE TOUR NOTES:
- Suitable experienced paddlers (or minimum 1 lesson with us before the Longtail SUP Tour)
- Minimum 2 people for bookings
- For ages 15+
- Includes premium SUP equipment, drinking water, fresh fruit and banana bread.
- Morning Tour starts: around 8am. Sometimes we can also offer an afternoon tour, starting around 1pm.
- Tour length: Half day
PADDLE TOUR PRICE:
- 2,750 Baht per person
- Complimentary hotel pick up and drop off
For bookings or more information about the Five Islands Tour
email [email protected] or call +66 92 737 9705